I never pass on the opportunity to watch an awards show. It doesn’t even matter that, due to my hectic schedule, I haven’t watched more than a 1/3 of the shows and films nominated. One of the biggest reason I watch is for the fashion and beauty. There was one person in particular who really stood out among the A-List celebrity crowd – Jennifer Lopez.
J Lo wore a spectacular bright yellow gown by Giambattista Valli. This look was perfectly completed by her makeup.
Makeup artist Mary Phillips used L’Oreal Paris products to give Jen her elegant look. Both her skin and lips are a throw-back to Old Hollywood, which went very well with her gown, along with modern twists.
1. Mary used L’Oreal Paris True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation along with the Infallible Pro Contour Palette to give her flawless skin.
2. For the eyes, Mary used the L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Eyeshadow Mono in 306. The shade 201 was applied across the crease and 205 was added to the center of the lid and lashline.
3. Mary then used the L’Orael Paris Infallible Black Velvet Liner across the top lashes only. She made the lines a bit fuller at the ends but without winging it out too much then topped it with the L’Oreal Paris Infallible Matte-Matic Liner over the upper and lower lashlines.
4. To finish the eyes, Mary primed and coated Jennifer’s lashes with the L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Superstar Mascara.
My favorite things about this makeup look are the lips and nails!
5. Mary used three different lipsticks to create her one-of-a-kind lip color. She created an ombre effect by using the darkest shade at the out edges of the lips and then working her way in. She used L’Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Gloss in Rouge Envy, Nude Allude and Forbidden Kiss.
6. Last but not least, manicurist Tom Bachik used L’Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Last Nailcolor in Always a Lady to Jennifer’s nails, followed by the top coat side of the nail polish. He was inspired by the gown Jennifer wore, Tom wanted her nails to be clean and compliment the bright hue of the dress.
What did you think of the diva’s look last night? Let me know in the comment section below.
Shop This Post: