Ingredients for Cauliflower and sauce:
Cauliflower (you’ll need 1 small to medium sized cauliflower head per person)
Flour (I used Garbanzo Bean Flour)
Butter (you can use a butter alternative)
Low Fat Mayonnaise (I used Kraft’s Reduced Fat Olive Oil Mayo)
Hot Sauce (Frank’s Red Hot Wings Sauce)
Ingredients for the Blue Cheese Dip:
2 Tablespoons of Bleu Cheese
1/3 cup of Low Fat Greek Yogurt
1 tablespoon of low-fat or skim milk
2 teaspoons of mayonnaise
Salt and Pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. While the oven heats up, cut the flowerettes from the head of cauliflower.
2. Mix in 1/2 cup garbanzo bean flour, 1/2 cup water, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large mixing bowl.
3. Whisk together until smooth.
5. Lightly coat a baking sheet with margarine and place the cauliflower on it. Bake for 15 minutes. Be sure to toss them about half way through.
6. Start working on your blue cheese dip while the cauliflower bakes. Whisk yogurt, blue cheese, milk, mayonnaise, 1/8 teaspoon of salt and a few grounds of pepper.
To make my sauce light and healthier than the average blue cheese dip recipe, I use healthy alternatives. I use low fat greek yogurt instead of sour cream, I use low-fat milk but you can use skim milk, and I use reduced fat olive oil mayonnaise.
7. When the 15 minutes are up, remove the cauliflower from the oven.
8. Toss the flowerettes in the hot sauce, making suer each piece is coated evenly.
I use Frank’s Red Hot Wings Buffalo Sauce.
9. Place the cauliflower back on the try and place in the oven for another 25 minutes.
10. When they cauliflower become crisp, plate your cauliflower.
I’m serving my cauliflower with celery sticks and the light blue cheese dip.
What do you think?! Will you be trying this healthy alternative to the traditional American dish? Let me know in the comment section below.