I attended the 2013 Wedding Salon in New York City last week. This is one of my favorite wedding expos. I always recommend brides visit these bridal expos to see what is the latest in all things wedding/bridal. Even if you think you know exactly what you want for your big day, you’ll be surprised to see the latest trends, inventions and deals you can get at these events.
Below are some of my favorite vendors and products I found at The Weddings Salon. Watch my slideshow at the bottom to see more photographs from the big event.
1. Perfectly Blended Makeup by Vivian
– Makeup Artist Vivian Drago
tells me that “classic makeup looks” are what most brides seek. Although, many brides are now asking for some pinup
touches like fire engine red lips and winged liner. The season in which a bride gets married or the wedding colors may also be easily incorporated into eye shadow colors. Vivian says she always recommends a regimen of C.M.T. months before the wedding – Cleanse. Moisturize. Tone.
2. The Cocktail Guru – So much of the wedding revolves around the bride and what the bride wants. That’s why I really appreciate wedding trends that focus on the groom or more mature couples (not everyone is getting married in their 20s and 30s after all). That’s where Jonathan Pogash steps in. Not only can his company run your bar and design a signature drink inspired by the couple, but they also do whiskey tastings! You can book them for day-of-wedding services or for your pre-wedding events. If Kathy Lee and Hoda were fans on The Today Show, you and your guests will be, too!
3. Synderela – I saw some really beautiful bridal and bridesmaids gowns from Synderela. Their unique dresses offer some classic cuts with modern touches and in a variety of colors. Yanelis, Design Director, tells me that brides are keeping their party’s individuality in mind. Many of them will choose a dress in their wedding color but alter the tops so that each bridesmaid can have a gown that best suits their figure and style. Another trend they’re seeing a lot of is color blocking. My favorite thing about their dresses is that you can easily wear them again and again. They don’t have “wedding” or a specific season/year written all over them. Check out the dresses below to get an idea of what Synderela offers.
4. Laura Damiano Designs
– I love good stationary and Laura Damiano
makes great stationary
. Everything she makes is designed and hand-made by her. Every order is custom made based on the customer’s style, theme and event. And the design is never used again. Now, that
Laura Damiano and custom stationary.
– There’s nothing like a skin issue to ruin the morning of your big day. Fight off the possibility of waking up with a zit, dry skin or any other issue by using Dermalogica products. They have several skin care
lines that work with different skin types and conditions Their products are manufactured in the US and are not tested on animals. There’s a reason why you’ll find Dermalogica products in most NYC spas.
6. Hot Girls Pearls – This is one of the best new products. Period. These pearls are kept in small coolers and are worn around the neck to cool off the person wearing it in a stylish way. Are you having a summer wedding? Are you afraid you’ll sweat off your makeup before you reach the alter? Or do you suffer from a medical condition that affects your body temperture? This product is for you. Cool yourself off in a fashionable way with these amazing pearls.
7. Ugg – Yes, that Ugg! The creators of the ever popular sheepskin boots has now broken into the wedding industry with the release of The I Do Collection. This line includes bridal boots and bridal slippers that offer “the ultimate indulgence during wedding party pampering”. Check out the entire collection here.
P.S. I highly suggest you look at their other non-sheepskin boot footwear. You might be supprised to discover some really stylish and sexy boots (hello, Dandylion and Raffaela!).
8. Magnolia Booth – I actually had a Magnolia Booth for my wedding. I knew I wanted a photo booth for my wedding because it would provide extra entertainment for my guests and extra photos/memories for us. I spoke to several photo booth companies and found MagBooth to be the best. Hands down. They offer an incredible package at a super fair price. This includes a custom logo, an actual booth, props, unlimited prints, an online photo gallery, an attendant to work the booth and a hardcover album with all of the photos taken on your special day. I can honestly say, as a former customer, MagBooth is the best.